Get your readers ready! The Little Literati in my house are challenging The Little Literati in your house to some summer reading with a scavenger-hunt twist!
Find and read ten books that fit the descriptions below, and keep track of your progress. When you complete the challenge, email your name, mailing address, and list of ten books to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All who meet the challenge will receive a snail-mailed Little Literati envelope from the Prices with readerly tokens and things that inspire little literary ones. All those who complete the challenge will also be entered into a drawing for a mystery book box full of reading and reading accessories (worth over $100).
Submissions must be received no later than Friday, August 1, 2014, to be included in the drawing. Only one submission per child. Children through rising eighth grade may participate. The winner will be notified by email the first week of August.
1. A book set in a place you’ve never been
2. A book that teaches you how to do something
3. A book that was your mom or dad’s favorite when they were a kid
4. A book with a funny title
5. A book with an animal as the main character
6. A book about a make-believe world
7. A long book—one that is longer than you normally read
8. A book of poems
9. A book about the sea or the sky.
10. A book about people who lived a long time ago
Instagram #littleliterati with photos of your literati pursuing the prize so that we can see your progress along the way!
Secretly, we’ll all know that the reading is the real prize, but you don’t have to tell them that.
Plenty excited about this but don’t have any littles to participate? Share this post on Facebook or Twitter and cheer us on in the comments below.